Here are key Holiday Season Shopping Safety Tips to better protect you and your loved ones:
2. Shop with a friend or family member- If you plan on shopping all day, consider taking somebody with you. It’s more fun and:
- Carrying many bags or packages can make you an easy target.
- Consider leaving small children at home with someone, or taking someone with you to shop so they can help small children navigate safely through the parking lot. (Pushing a stroller, carrying packages, watching your kids, and looking for car keys can be difficult and dangerous).
3. Shop during non peak times– When you can, shop on week days during the day when there are fewer shoppers and fewer cars.
4. Park further away from the store– Parking Lots are congested .
- Easier to back out of your parking space since there will be less car and pedestrian traffic.
- You may be able to avoid unwanted door dings.
- There’s more space for you and your family to exit and enter the vehicle.
- You can burn off a few extra calories which isn’t a bad thing this time of year.
5. Pay attention to your surroundings– Scan the area before leaving your car or the store.
- Be on the lookout for anything that looks strange. Keep an eye on the pavement to avoid potholes and falling.
- Watch for elevation changes that could cause you to slip and fall.
- If something doesn’t feel right, consider asking store staff or security for assistance.
- Lastly, take out your earbuds and avoid texting or trying to make a phone call until you’re safely in the store or in your car. Distracted shoppers are easy targets.
6. After Shopping, Inspect your car– Before getting in your car, take a peak in the back seat to make sure a stranger isn’t waiting for you.
7. Hide your packages– If you continue shopping, before you go to the next location, make sure the gifts you just purchased are out of plain sight from possible thieves.
Be sure and watch Roland Rodriguez as he interviews me about additional parking lot safety while you shop this Holiday season. Check out KRIS 6 TV at kristv.com/traffic-and-parking-lot-accidents-spike-on-black-friday?fbclid=IwAR3qvWv84_zYN_WnKcoj_pCFFPhPbQYOiyhjBCSkR6RD170yqnUP4g_63kw
Ed Cantu Insurance Agency wishes you a Happy Thanksgiving and a safe, memorable Holiday Season!
Because we care,