They say Halloween is a time when magic is more powerful and spirits come into contact with the physical world! Although it’s not an official holiday, it’s usually celebrated among family members, friends, and co-workers.
Trick or Treating! Halloween is a fun time of year for children and adults. Did you know Halloween is now the second most famous American holiday behind Christmas?
Whether you’re organizing a party, preparing candies for the little monsters, decorating your home or doing tricks with small ghosts and goblins, Ed Cantu Insurance offers these safety tips to make your Halloween safe and fun.
1. Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
2. Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
3. When driving, keep your headlights on at all times. Be sure to take extra-precaution and drive slowly in residential neighborhoods.
4. Like any time, avoid distracting driving. Don’t use your cell phone while driving or munch on candy while behind the wheel.
5. Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
6. When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
7. Always inspect your child’s candy and treats before they eat them!
Because We Care
Call us at (361) 991-1493 to better protect yourself and your family